University: BI Norwegian Business School
Home country: USA
1. Why did you choose to study abroad?
I wanted to have the opportunity to travel and experience new cultures
2. Which resources did you use to research about universities abroad?
UDI, BI, Wikipedia, Google
3. How would you rate the assistance of the university before you arrived (the application process, finding accommodation, sorting out financial matters)?
Student housing is available in Oslo, and I originally received housing through SiO. Now I rent a private flat.
With regards to financial support, BI does offer scholarships to international students.
Tuition costs at BI are reasonable and comparable to many business schools in the US. Living costs in Oslo are rather high compared to most other European cities.
4. How would you rate the learning environment (teaching style, studying with other international students, non-native English speaking lecturers)?
Coming from the USA, I found it quite easy to adjust to living in Norway. There are several cultural differences that take getting used to. For example, Norwegians aren't as open as Americans when it comes to talking to strangers.
I believe BI offers students several opportunities to meet fellow students. I do not have any recommendations for clubs or organizations.
Public transportation is great in Oslo and Norway, and discounted tickets are offered to students.
Part-time work is available to students.
5. Can you stay in Norway to work or study after your graduation?
Yes, I have the opportunity to stay in Norway and work/study after I finish my program.