International Relations & International Organisation
- Subject: International Relations, Politics
- Level: Undergraduate
- Type of Degree: BSc
- Cost: EUR 1,984 2016/2017
What are the dominant trends in the history of international relations? Who are the leading theorists in International Relations? Have the United Nations, the European Union and other international organisations changed the structure of world politics? Do multinational firms share political and social responsibility for their economic behaviour?
The multilingual three-year Bachelor’s degree programme in International Relations and International Organization (IRIO) provides you with a comprehensive understanding of the processes, agents and structures in world politics. The programme is unique in the Netherlands: it’s the only programme where international relations are not a specialization but core business. IRIO focuses on all aspects of international relations: historical, political, economic and legal perspectives are combined.
The main emphasis is on the functions of international organizations, and the processes leading to their creation. You are trained to see beyond one specialization and to combine insights from various fields of study. A lot of attention is paid to research skills, language training, methodologies, historical context and theory.
The language of instruction and examination is English. In addition, during the first two years of the programme you will study a second foreign language: German, French, Spanish, or further specialize in English. The highly innovative programme provides you with a working knowledge of multilingual communication, negotiation in international forums, and other key competences that make up a complete toolkit for every internationally-oriented professional.
The Bachelor’s programme in IRIO is offered jointly by the Faculty of Arts, the Faculty of Law and the Faculty of Economics. The Department of International Relations and International Organization in the Faculty of Arts is the organising body.
A Bachelor’s degree in International Relations and International Organization provides you with a stepping stone to an international career. After you graduate, you may find a position in an international organization, international agency (of the EU, UN, etc.), a national ministry, international commerce and business, journalism, a non-governmental organization, teaching, and last but not in least academic life.
Similar undergraduate courses
- The Hague University of Applied Science Netherlands, The Hague
- Windesheim Honours College Netherlands, Zwolle
- Vesalius College Belgium, Brussels
- Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan Italy, Milan
- Baltic International Academy Latvia, Riga
- Seconda Universita degli Studi di Roma "Tor Vergata" Italy, Rome
- Ritsumeikan University Japan, Tokyo
- Temple University Japan, Tokyo
- University of New York Prague Czech Republic, Prague
- New York College in Athens Greece, Athens
- Karlshochschule International University Germany, Karlsruhe
- Tokyo International University Japan, Tokyo
- Malmo University Sweden, Malmo
- Anglo American University Czech Republic, Prague
- University of British Columbia (Vancouver Campus) Canada, Vancouver