SubjectInternational Relations, Politics
The International Affairs Major offers students a broad range of knowledge and skills taught by outstandingly dedicated professors as well as unique insights provided by senior policy-makers, diplomats and senior practitioners of the Brussels scene. By drawing on world-class academics and highly experienced policy-makers, students gain fundamental insights into both the theoretical and practical hands-on dimensions of history, politics, economics and law. Prestigious internships at major Brussels-based institutions (such as the European Union, NATO and United Nations office), NGOs and global think-tanks complement and deepen the practical aspects of the studies.
To complete the IA degree successfully at Vesalius College, a minimum of 180 ECTS (credits or study points) is required. Most students complete the intense and rigorous study programme within three years after admission to the college. Students are also encouraged to complete a study-abroad semester at one of our prestigious partner universities overseas.
The 180-ECTS program is divided into several different requirements. In general, students start with the core curriculum, a set of courses which develop relevant skills, knowledge and abilities essential to the College's distinctive program of undergraduate education. The core curriculum consists of 60 ECTS and includes courses in academic writing and critical thinking (12 ECTS), statistics (6 ECTS), and free electives (42 ECTS).
Vesalius College presents students the opportunity to participate in its exclusive Internship Programme. It can offer students workplaces in one of 50+ prestigious partner organisations in Brussels, which offers students an international and European learning and network platform with a wealth of resources. Vesalius College students can also study a semester at one of its 30 partner universities across the globe.
- The Hague University of Applied Science Netherlands, The Hague
- Windesheim Honours College Netherlands, Zwolle
- University of Groningen Netherlands, Groningen
- Universita Cattolica del Sacro Cuore, Milan Italy, Milan
- Baltic International Academy Latvia, Riga
- Seconda Universita degli Studi di Roma "Tor Vergata" Italy, Rome
- Ritsumeikan University Japan, Tokyo
- Temple University Japan, Tokyo
- University of New York Prague Czech Republic, Prague
- University of British Columbia (Vancouver Campus) Canada, Vancouver
- European University Business School Montreux Switzerland, Montreux
- University of Pecs Hungary, Pecs
- Malmo University Sweden, Malmo
- International University in Geneva Switzerland, Geneva
- Keimyung Adams College (Keimyung University) South Korea, Daegu